Friday, November 16, 2007

WHEW!



The weekend has only just begun and I'm tanked. Would you believe that I had the day off.....from work that is. You see, my wife went out of town this morning for the weekend to help one of her best friends pick out brides maids dresses in the great state of Texas. That left me in charge of the two tykes. That's right, apparently she's confident enough in my fatherly abilities to leave me at the helm. If only I had as much confidence in myself :). I guess as any good father would do, I gave the baby just a drop of whisky in the bottle to get her to konk out early, and my oldest and I had Ruffles and ice cream for dinner. Frosted animal cookies made for a delightful dessert. The very definition of clean eating. In hindsight probably a bad idea as she is now bouncing off the walls with a sugar high.



OK OK in all seriousness, they are now both FINALLY in bed and I'm fighting a losing battle to keep my eyes open. Before I go much further I need to sing the praises of my aforementioned bride. Shes an angel. She does this EVERY day with only the occasional complaint, and no, she doesn't read this so I'm not just trying to score points ;). If any of you are stay at home mothers out there (or fathers for that matter) my cap is off to you.



I've been doing well this week. My eating, while by no means perfect yet, has been solid. I worked out on Monday and Tuesday, but haven't had time for the past 3 days. Wednesday I played softball, last night I had to teach an orientation class at our office, and today I planned on taking the girls with me to the gym, but it didn't work out. Tomorrow we have swim lessons early, but we WILL be making a trip to the gym right afterwards. I'm looking forward to it. I know that eating good is a HUGE part of the weight loss, but I don't want to just lose the weight. I want to build the muscle right along with it. On that note, I'm very intrigued by the CrossFit stuff that Jay talks about. There are a couple of places here in the Valley that do it so I'm thinking that after I've lost a significant amount of weight and feel at least a little in shape, I'll check them out. It seems like they provide the kind of work out that I'm ultimately looking for.



I hope you are all doing well, and if I can find a spare moment of quiet this weekend I'll make sure to check out your posts. If you don't hear from me, just assume that the kids have taken over the house ;)

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

LOL, I'm such an idiot. When you said you put a drop of whiskey in the drink I was like "what the hell, does that work?"

Good thing I'm not a father yet.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all at daddy day care. I appreciate your hat tip to your wife. Lots of people really don't know the hard work, patience, sacrifice and other things that go into taking care of children. Maybe daddy day care should open on a regular basis! ;)

Marcol said...

And to think I thought you were being serious about the whiskey in the bottle. Glad you handle day one of Daddy Daycare. Hope the rest are just as fine.

I know you mentioned doing Crossfit later in the year. You do know that their website post their routine for the day for free daily? You could always do them from home and just make substitutions for exercises that you may not have certain equipment for. Dont put off for tomorrow what you can get done today :) I need to remember that one for myself ;)

Ripx180 said...

Friday is daddy day care for the Ripx. I really look forward to Fridays but am exhausted by the time the wife comes home. So I am with you in tipping the hat to the mommies and full time daddies. It really is a tuff job. However it is a really rewarding job too.

Marcol's thought is a really good one. I think at this point doing something is always better than doing nothing. You are right when you say food plays a huge part in weight loss. You can work out a ton but if you have a questionable diet you wont see much weight loss (I am a perfect example of this as of late). Keep the posts coming and make sure to get in some workouts and good eats.

Kristen said...

I literally read over that paragraph like 10 times before just shaking my head in awe and moving on to the next one :)

A solid week is always a good one.