Friday, November 23, 2007

So far so good

Because ALL of my brothers-in-law (3 of them) are all Fire Fighters, and all happened to have to work yesterday, both my family and my wifes family decided to celebrate Thanksgiving today. Yesterday was a day off from work and just a day to finally get to hang out with my wife and the girls. Unfortunately we ended up taking care of our oldest who seems to have come down with the flu. She threw up all afternoon and evening. It's such a helpless feeling as a parent watching your child hurt and knowing that there isn't much you can do to ease their pain. Needless to say, we didn't sleep too much last night.

On a good note my eating was great. A small bowl of whole grain Cheerios for breakfast, some mixed nuts for a snack, a mushroom omelet for lunch, and baked Mahi Mahi with Caesar salad for dinner. This morning was my lowest weigh in to date, 269. I know that weight fluctuation can be a pain, but I hope I've said goodbye to the 270's for good. This morning we went to my parents for our first helping of the holiday foods. My daughter ended up heaving again so it was a quick trip, but I definitely ate in moderation. Only one plate with a lot of turkey, a little stuffing, and a little mashed potato's with gravy. One small piece of pie for dessert. Definitely not perfect, but MUCH better than previous years. I'm staying home with she who is sick so I won't be attending my in laws dinner. I guess it might be a blessing in disguise. I'll keep you posted.

Shes calling for me now so I'd better run. I hope everyone had a great day, and I look forward to hearing about all of your weekends!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry your baby is sick. Sounds like you made wise choices for dinner - good for you!

layla said...

well done! its great to hear that you're in control, compared to your previous post where parties and festive gatherings just killed it for you. the choices you made were great- more protein, less of the bad carbs, better portions. keep it up!

Jim McCoy said...

Staying home may well be a blessing, even though I do feel bad for your daughter. Hopefully it helped out, at least that way you get something good out of having a sick kid. Tell your daughter to get well soon.

Jay said...

sounds like some good eating! Stay out of those 270's...it only gets easier every day you stick to your plan.

Brian said...

how is it going?

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely not perfect, but MUCH better than previous years.

I think this is important. Sometimes when we strive for perfection, we forget to enjoy the IMPROVEMENT. Nice work.

Melissa said...

Looks like you made great choices! And improvement over the previous year is always the key. Holidays are meant for perfect eating, but we can control how much we eat of something..and you managed that quite well! Im sorry to hear your oldest is sick. I hope shes feeling better!