Thursday, January 3, 2008

Step One.....Take 2


At the end of my very first post I said that I thought that I'd just taken the first step of the marathon to weight loss. In a way that was true. By starting to blog, and by meeting and learning about all of your journey's, I believe I did take a big step forward. However, in the time between then and now, I've accomplished exactly nothing. Zip, zero, zilch. The desire to lose weight has been there (it's always there), but in looking at why I'm still where I'm at, the answer is obvious, the commitment to do what is necessary to achieve what I desire has been lacking. I feel like a hypocrite, I've talked the talk, and have not even come close to walking the walk. I won't rehash what I just talked about in my last post, but that is going to change.


I've read The Phoenix Theory post from Billy's blog over and over. To be honest, after the first time thru I thought that, if that's how you have to feel to loose weight then I'm shit out of luck. I don't have a traumatic experience to start me off. I do have my "before pictures", which are eye opening, but not . I'm also not an angry person. It takes a lot to piss me off. I guess I'm a glass half full guy. So, if I don't have a traumatic event to put the ball in motion, and I don't have anger to feed the fire, then how do I maintain the drive. For me it's going to be a choice. A decision where there are no other alternatives. For awhile now I been that little snowball sitting at the top of the mountain waiting for a nudge to get me rolling. SOMEBODY PUSH ME!!! ;) actually you don't need to, I just jumped! (don't ask me how a snowball jumps :)


Off and rolling..............until next time.


8 comments:

Melissa said...

You know...we never get the results we want until we are 100% ready to throw ourselves into it. Until we want it mentally and physically, we sometimes dont see the results we want. Looks like your at that point. :)

Rob Tucker said...

The first thing to remember is that you don't LOSE until you QUIT.

Put attainable goals in front of you. Don't say "I'm going to lose 100 pounds". Say, "I'm going to lose 3 pounds".

When you do that, then set another small, attainable goal. And then be consistent. You don't lose weight in 'jumping snowballs'. You lose it in 'snowflakes' that eventually turn to snowballs.

Yeah, mine didn't make sense, but at least I didn't have jumping, suicidal snowballs ;)

Rebecca said...

I agree with Rob. The only failure is quitting. Even when you are operating at less than full force, as long as you have not given up, you're still in the game.

kyle said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree that the only way to really lose is to give up, which I'm not going to do. On the flip side of that is if I doesn't focus and as Melissa said "throw myself into it" then it's almost like I'm in a continuous holding pattern. That's where I've been the last month. I'm not quitting, but if I don't dedicate myself to my goals then I will continue to be where I'm at today. I don't like where I'm at, and how I'm feeling. I need to be proactive to change that.

Brian said...

yes, as rob mentioned be proactive and set goals. goals that you know are obtainable but that will require some work on your part. The point here is to learn to push yourself. some people might use anger, shame, whatever. if you dont have that, thats fine. Just use simple math. You must perform A to get to goal B. You know what goal B is. You know what process A is. Do it. Set a time and a place, and do A. A might take a month, a day, an hour, a year. WHo cares, just do it and do it now and eventually you'll get to B.

Any progress is good no matter how small as I'm sure you know. Hopefully by the next time we hear from you you'll have at the very least done a minute or an hour or a day of A. Show us and yourself some movement/progress and it'll all fall into place from there. Just dont give up and dont stop until you feel its time to stop.

billy said...

Dude, read this article.

Don't worry, I didn't have that extreme anger or any of that stuff either. What I DID have was a sudden epiphany that "I do what I say". I suddenly realized that I am in control, and whatever happens to me is because of what I do.

Like you, right now. You aren't DOING anything to go toward your goals. I realize that at first it will be uncomfortable. But if you aren't moving TOWARD them, you are moving AWAY from them. So what are you having for dinner? Start right now. No more excuses or BS

Marcol said...

I dont think you need a traumatic experience or pictures to set you off on your quest as you did today you have to just make a quality decision and then just see it thorugh. Someone with the traumatic experience and pics could get zip, zilch too if they dont see it through.

Your decision to get it done can get you where you want to go - just keep that decision forever in the forfront of your mind. I believe in you Kyle!

Brian said...

how is it going kyle?