Monday, January 7, 2008

Pickin' up steam


So far......so good. I've decided to have a short memory with this whole journey. It's kind of like the saying "what have you done for me lately". I think that's just the attitude that I need to have. I can't get too caught up in how well I'm doing. On the same token, I've got to let it go if I don't make a solid choice, and not let it derail my goals. I've done it before, but not this time. This time I've made the commitment. There will be no resting on my laurels. My body is my temple, right? Isn't that what they say? Boy have I missed the boat on that one for the last 28 and a half years. I've always been jealous of how the guys that are lean and ripped look. My reaction has always been, "ha, must be nice". Well.....yeah, I bet it is nice, but I kid myself by thinking that they didn't have to work hard to look like that. While I'm going to get Taco Bell for dinner on Sunday, they're at home preparing their meals for the week. Not anymore ladies and gents, now it's my turn to work.


It's amazing the satisfaction just one day of great choices can give someone, isn't it. Maybe satisfaction isn't the right word, the.....confidence to do it again, the.......reassurance that you CAN succeed, the.....positive energy, maybe those define it better. You just feel soooo good about it. I just want to keep putting those days together, stacked one on top of another, building the foundation for what I want my body to be. I've had 4 days of good choices now, so like I said, I'm picking up steam. The little 'suicidal' snowball (as Rob so kindly referred to it) is moving along nicely so far.


Time to get the little ones ready for bed. I'll keep you posted ;)

4 comments:

Brian said...

Good to hear things are going well. Keep us updated

Ripx180 said...

Glad to see you are picking up steam. I feel like I am too, lets make this a good year.

Rebecca said...

This is certainly a journey in self-esteem, and the days of making good choices get you fired up. Glad you are steaming up!

Anonymous said...

Gaining steam is always a good thing. Great feeling, isn't it?? :) Keep it up. Take it a day at a time, a workout at a time, a good eating choice at a time, and you'll be one of those ripped guys you're talking about.