Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Head Down, Blinders On....


Weight (last night) - 265 lbs


That's where I'm at right now. I haven't blogged in almost a week so I felt like I should say something, but honestly right now I don't have much to report. I'm doing well, and the workouts are going good. I still feel like I need to push my body a little harder when I'm doing the weights, but the cardio sessions have been great. Last night I did 22 min of HIIT on the elliptical at level 12 - - 45 sec at or above 75 rpm / 45 around 60 rpm - - which worked great for the heart rate. Then I moved on to the Stair Climber (with the actual rotating steps, whatever that thing is called) for 30 mins @ level 5 on the "Fat Burner Plus" program. So apparently, not only did I burn some fat, I also added a little something extra on top of it. Whatever it was, I walked away from the gym happy with that session. I don't know about all of you, but I calculate the intensity of my workout (especially cardio) based on the dampness of my shirt when I leave. I know it's not the most scientific approach, but that's how I know that I pushed myself outside my comfort level. When my 30 mins were up on the Super Rotating Step Machine, the screen flashed "GOAL ATTAINED"!! Unfortunately I hadn't dropped 70 lbs in that half hour, but it still felt good to see that phrase. One day my ultimate weight loss goal will be attained, and I know that that machine will be a big part of why.
Have a great day!!! Talk to you all soon!

7 comments:

Geoff said...

I tend to measure my workouts in "sweat equity" as well. I imagine the sweat as calories, being brought to the surface and released. Kinda gay, but whatever, it lets me push myself harder.

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see you still cranking it away - you should blog more often, it'll give me something to do at work ;)z

kyle said...

LOL....agreed, but I end up taking too much time reading and commenting on everyone elses blog then writing mine. I'll try to be a little more frequent, but when things are going good, there's not a ton to say besides "All is well here" :)

Ripx180 said...

I say tell us about the stuff thats going well. That's motivation for the rest of us. Even if its talking about what you ate and your workout thats what we are all about. Anyway glad to see the post and that you are doing well. Keep it going.

Rob Tucker said...

"All Is Well Here" sounds good to me. We could use more of that anyway ;)

Brian said...

just do what i do and dont post on anyone elses blog until you post your own. ha
no offense to anyone else, but you're here for yourself first.

Jay said...

I agree with Brian....you're posting a log of what you're doing, so that should take priority....not that we don't appreciate the comments ;)