Tuesday, October 30, 2007

After reading over my "HELLO, HERE I AM" post from yesterday, I've decided that it sounds a bit overly dramatic. I guess it was just the mood I happened to be in last night. To be honest, I'm just really excited to have found this. I just commented on Billy's last post hoping that I'll be added to F.A.T. so that I can become part of the group.

Reading what I just wrote sounds a little presumptuous of me, doesn't it. I don't know if it's really that easy or not. I guess it should be. I mean if I were running some sort of support group I'd let most anybody in, so long as they qualified to be part of the group. Can somebody enlighten me as to what the "CC&R's" are here. Are there any ground rules that a newbie should be aware of. It sort of seems like a posting free-for-all and everyone just kind of chimes in on everyone elses thoughts. That sounds like just what I need. I've never been a part of a support group that kept each other on task, and I think the accountability will keep me in line.

Anyway, I can guarantee that my posts won't be as thought provoking or insightful as some of yours, but I'd still love to give this a whirl.

Until next time....................

10 comments:

Marcol said...

No ground rules Kyle its just as you said - you want to lose some weight and you want some support along the way and youre willing to give it also to others on this journey with you. Thats basically it. I cant speak for those who began the group but the only other aspect that we all tend to agree is majorly important and thats respect for everyone even if their beliefs/thoughts dont align with our own. You can feel free to blog about whatever, we all do!

Welcome!

Kristen said...

Kyle, I LOVED your last post...although I just read it this morning. Maybe I'm in a sappy mood, but it choked me up a little. Maybe it reminds me of how I feel about the people I love. (Ok...now I'm being overly dramatic). You sound like a great guy, and I know you can be successful in this. If I can...anybody can.

There are no rules really...although the more support you give, the more you'll get usually.

Do you have a plan of attack yet?

Brian said...

Welcome Kyle. You'll do it.
If you want, read my blog entry from today where I've outlined what has worked for me so far. I started this in July of this year, so I havent been around all that long yet.

Brian said...

oh and btw, I'll add your link to my page.

Rob Tucker said...

Welcome aboard, Kyle. You're added to my page as well.

If you want to see overly dramatic, go to my first blog back last November. No shame in that.

Putting it out there for all to see is what this group is all about. You'll see that all those insecurities you have - you share with a lot of us. You're about my size now (I'm 6'4, 275 with a 40 inch waist), so you and I have a lot in common.

Good luck with this - it's a tough journey. But if you put it out there - your failures AND your successes, you'll be surprised with how far you can go.

billy said...

I LOVE reading peoples first blogs. It's like poppin' your cherry.

It reminds me of exactly what I was thinking and how I was feeling a year ago.

Your blogs are for YOU, too. To look back so you never forget what you felt like.

Kristen said...

I was just checking out your profile and wanted to say that Ken Follett is my absolute favorite author.

kyle said...

How funny is that! Most people haven't heard of him (especially those who don't read much). I guess I like to read more than the average person, but to find another Follett fan is cool.

Lets see I've read Pillars of the Earth, Hornet Flight, Jackdaws, Hammer of Eden, Night Over Water, Eye of the Needle, and Whiteout. So nowhere near all of his books, but I've really liked all of these.

Kristen said...

You must read: A Dangerous Fortune, A Place Called Freedom, Lie Down with Lions, Key to Rebecca...for starters :)

kyle said...

Kristen-
I just responded to you, but its not showing up so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I just like to say THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who have taken a few minutes out of your busy days to welcome me. I hope that I can be a productive member of the Coalition.